What Teaching Kids Was Like & My Dream - 2

6:10 pm
art, illustrator, drawing, public art, art community, karachi art, pakistani art, artist

It was around November and I was going through another phase of depression. It's awful every time. No reason to get up in the morning. No hopes, no dreams. At times like this, I lose sense of purpose and it's hard to go on living this way.

I was lying on my bed, exhausted and sad, going through the pictures in my phone when I stumbled across the pictures from when I taught kids art. I remembered how fulfilled I felt then. It gave me a purpose. One thought led to another and that reignited a dream I had once. My dream of opening an art centre and cafe. I could be a step closer to it now because I had some experience after conducting those art projects with kids. The thought made me feel so awake and alive. The sad, hopeless girl now finally had a dream.

My dream is to open a centre where:

1. Artists come meet other artists and connect. Trust me, this is something I need so badly. It can benefit people like me who didn't go to art school so they don't know many artists and people from the art scene. Also, it can get lonely for an artist so meeting people is always good.

2. Art appreciators come for activities. We all need a place where we can engage in art projects and release stress. Art is a great healer.

3. Artists put on shows and met potential buyers and sponsors. This year this my main goal, to be known in my community and make my art available to the public.

I'm going to start small. Soon I'll start by doing drawing circles at parks and meeting artists and non-artists. Basically building a community in my neighbourhood and then broadening it to other neighbourhoods. (Does this sound like something you would do? Hit me up!) I might put up an art show in my garage. Baby steps, guys.

Tell me all about your dream.

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.