Thursday, 21 January 2016

KSA Week 1

*My condolences to the families of the 21 university students that passed away yesterday. I pray they go to Heaven.*

Hey beauties! Hope you're all well. Last week I started my Fashion Design diploma classes at Karachi School of Art, which henceforth will be referred to as KSA. I'll be doing my best to write a blog about my journey over the year, once a week. Before I begin I just wanna say that I'm extremely happy there. I can dress how I want, wear the darkest lip color and not worry about how people are gonna react. 'Cause nobody has the time for that I guess :-P. It does feel quite small though and there's just 1 pathetic canteen - this IS something you need to adjust to after spending 4 years at the vast and canteen-full KU. Anyway, I LOVE DRAWING!

The diploma course is divided into 2 semesters. This semester I will be studying Drawing & Design, Accessories Design, Fashion Illustration & Textile Design.

Drawing & Design

On Mondays I have Drawing & Design class. My first ever assignment was to draw 3 patterns from my own imagination relating to Abstract, Geometric & Floral themes. This is what I made in class.

karachi school of art fashion design diploma, pakistan beauty blogger


It might look dumb but it made myself in 1 go and without cheating, so yeah... I'm awesome!

Accessories Design

Did not have the class 'cause 1 day was utilized in orientation day. This and the previous course are taught by the same teacher.

Fashion Illustration

My favorite class ^_^. For the first assignment we were taught how to make the front view and side view head of the croquis.

karachi school of art fashion design diploma, pakistan beauty blogger

karachi school of art fashion design diploma, pakistan beauty blogger

karachi school of art fashion design diploma, pakistan beauty blogger

We were to make 10 of each as an assignment. The teacher is a graduate of AIFD.

Textile Design

The teacher is from NCA!! O_o I honestly wasn't expecting such a qualified teaching staff. Anyway, we made a color wheel to learn how different colors are made from 3 primary colors; blue, red & yellow.

karachi school of art fashion design diploma, pakistan beauty blogger

I love playing with paints, so it was quite fun ^_^.

So that's it for last week. Hope you all liked the post and please come back next Wednesday or Thursday for more! You can click the tag 'Fashion Diploma' to read these posts.
Love,

3 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for sharing it reminded me of my own Arts classes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the floral abstract ... and yes i just love making of color wheel <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so interesting!! Love the patterns you drew.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...