Sunday, 15 November 2015

Karachi International Book Fair '15

Hey all! Havin' a great sunday? I'm sick yet again. I guess I'm sick 60% of the year :-/ Anyway, yesterday I went to Karachi International Book Fair held at Expo Centre. I didn't want any books. My older sister & I only went to give my younger sister Maheen company. But we ended up getting around 15 books in total :-D That's what happens when shopaholics go to a book fair!
I remember going last year and getting stuck in traffic. This time the traffic was properly managed. The book fair was divided into 3 halls; Hall 1, 2 &3. Even though we had 3 hours to roam around, we spent all our time at Hall 3. That's where the Liberty Books & Paramount Books were at.

Looking for books at Liberty Books
Liberty Books offered 15% off on all books. I got Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. There was section of books priced at Rs. 100-200! So I spent like 2 hours looking for something good. I found Pearl Harbour and Prom Nights From Hell from that section. My sister found tons of books there - I'm so jealous of her :-P.

At Paramount, they had brand new classic literature for Rs. 180 to 200. Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, Edgar Allan Poe and the likes. I got Dracula.

There was a Islamic books section by the name of  Da'wah Books. They had some pretty reasonable books. I got a collection of Ahadith & Ayat based on hell-fire. They gave me complimentary book and a bookmark with my purchase.

Lastly, Book Mart. The place had books for Rs. 95 for crying out loud!! I got a hardcover copy of Jinx by Meg Cabot for just Rs. 95 :-D

Here's my haul.


1. Prom Nights From Hell by Meg Cabot & others - Rs. 150 (Liberty Books)
2. Pearl Harbor by Randall Wallace - Rs. 150 (Liberty Books)
3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - Rs. 675 (Liberty Books)
4. Hell-Fire - Rs. 175 (Da'wah Books)
5. Dracula by Bram Stoker - Rs. 180 (Paramount)
6. Jinx by Meg Cabot - Rs. 95 (Book Mart)

I had an amazing time! Even though I wasn't there to shop, I still got 6 books at amazing prices! Keep in mind though that the books were slightly worn out. However, the full priced ones were completely brand new. Overall, I had a great experience and will be going back next year too! Hopefully next year I will not be sick and will take better pictures :-D Tomorrow is the last day, so go and have fun!!

Love,

2 comments :

  1. You really got these book at amazing prices. I hope we get such fair as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your collection....wish to have some of them

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...