Friday, 3 April 2015

A Budget Setting Powder For Dry Skin



I'm sure the title says it all! The people over at Essence sent me this goodie bag for entering a nail art competition and Essence Mattifying Compact Powder was inside. Honestly, I'd never tried a setting powder before this 'cause I always thought it would my skin look drier. But I'm so happy I found this magical pan filled with powder!

So, it was last saturday when I used this powder for the first time. I had to attend a long event and dusted this baby on my face whilst not expecting much. I'd didn't emPhasize the dryness on my face, the shade 'soft tan' was a perfect match and actually looked really natural!


I left at 3pm and packed a bag full of makeup 'cause I was sure I'd need touching up. But, boy was I wrong! My makeup, including my blush which always always fades on me, stayed in place when by the time I got home, around 9:30 pm!


The texture of the powder is really smooth, applies flawlessly, doesn't cling to the dry patches on my skin and the shade 'soft tan' matches my skin tone really well. Best of all, makes my makeup last. The compact has 12g of product and sold at PKR 530. A bargain? Absolutely! Never leaving my house without it.

Have you tried this powder from Essence? What was your experience?

Love,

8 comments :

  1. I saw it in the store but didn't buy it. I'll pick this up soon.

    themeticulousperfections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing for the price! Love the fact that it doesn't cling to dry patches! :) x

    ♥ Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope there's one available for oily skin too! ;) xx

    Momina Haseeb | ๑ Divine Smudge ๑

    ReplyDelete
  4. My compact is dying so I might get this next :) Use the "Buffing technique" with it. It is awesome especially for photographs. You can find the tutorial on Goss MUA on facebook if you don't know it

    ReplyDelete
  5. My skin is so dry these days. Sounds like a good product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds really good! With summer approaching I think i need it in my stash,

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the price it looks amazing. Great review :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...