Monday, 5 January 2015

Hallowed (Unearthly #2) by Cynthia Hand

Hey everyone! I finished Hallowed 2 days back and I'm already half way through Boundless. Am I on a roll or what?
Unearthly #2 Hallowed by cynthia hand review, fantasy novel reviews Pakistan, young adult novel review Pakistan, paranormal novel review Pakistan
Picture taken from GoodReads

Hallowed starts when Clara (an angel blood) chooses to go against her purpose. She ends up saving Tucker, her tan-skinned, blue-eyed, ranch managing boyfriend (whom I love!), and discovers that Christian is also an angel blood. So basically, they have no clue whether it was Christian's purpose to save Clara, or the other way around. But Clara knows in her gut that she is a rebel. She wants to go against her purpose. And therefore, she lies to Tucker. She tells him her purpose is over, merely because she doesn't want him to worry about Clara's angel-baggage. And this is where Tucker and Clara start to drift away.

Yes, my dear readers. My fantasy of Clara and Tucker seems to be heading towards turmoil. This isn't much of a shocker, 'cause it was bound to happen. Clara just has a lot on her plate right now. And Christian always makes her feel stronger (That I hate, uggghh). I still have hope for Clara and Tucker. There are some Tucker and Christian confrontations, and even a fight. *SPOILER*

From the beginning of the book, Clara starts having seeing a new purpose. This time it's a dream. She sees death. And the pain she feels makes it feel like it's somebody close to her. This purpose is really depressing for her, because it's not something she can control or save.

There are a lot of surprises in this book. And a lot of answers, I'm sure all the readers wanted to know (I know I did). Like, why did her dad leave? Where was Jeffery at the time of the fire? and what was Maggie (Clara's and Jeffery's mom) purpose? Yes, their mom finally decides to share the top secret information with Clara. There are confrontations with Samjeeza (oh, I love that name). Samjeeza just creeps me out, especially when he goes "Hello, little bird."

My favorite lines from Hallowed:

I can never accept things. I can never let them be what they are. I'm always trying to change them. 
"So," she says, reaching up and feeling my cheek like sorrow is some kind of fever.

I love the fact that you never know or can guess what's about to happen on the next chapter, even the next page. Clara's thoughts and rebellious actions are just as hilarious. The book is definitely at par with Unearthly! Let me warn you though, the ending is pretty sad.

Love,

5 comments :

  1. This book seems interesting :D need to read that one now :D Thanks for sharing love :) added this one on my reading list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...but i am not a fan of such fictions.Hope u enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like gripping novels when it's not at all predictable! Currently reading Kite Runner and I wish I had read it a lot earlier. :) x

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds interesting.. I love reading Science fictions :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow a romance with an interesting angle.I have added it to my list thankyou for the review

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...