Sunday, 12 October 2014

Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3

Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 Swatches Review, Pakistani Beauty Nail Art Blog

Hey there! ^_^

All those who don't know, Makeup Revolution is a newly launched, drugstore brand from London. It caters to all your beauty needs at very affordable prices while not comprising at quality. It's available at Superdrug outlets.

You: Another brand not available in Pakistan? Yippee.

Well, let me just stop you there. Thanks to Just4Girls.pk, we, having no Superdrug in sight, can now can get our hands on this awesome new brand and at very reasonable prices. So, while I was searching around J4G, I landed on these eye shadow palettes from the brand. A little googling later, I found that Iconic 3 is actually a great dupe for Naked 3. I adore the rose gold and taupe-y purples from Naked 3, so I just had to order this palette! A week later, I had this palette in my hands and boy was I impressed! ^_^

Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 Swatches Review, Pakistani Beauty Nail Art Blog

Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 Swatches Review, Pakistani Beauty Nail Art Blog

Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 Swatches Review, Pakistani Beauty Nail Art Blog

The palette consists of 12 shadows in total, with 3 mattes, 3 shimmers, 3 frosts and 3 satins.

Packaging - Quite sturdy, actually. I doubt it would break if I drop it, which should be anytime soon considering how clumsy I am, so I'll update you all ^_^. It's quite slim and fits in my makeup bag perfectly. The one downside is that the shadows do not have names.

Pigmentation - The pigmentation is quite impressive for a drugstore brand. I applied the shadows wet in the swatches below so you get the picture. You can wear an eye shadow primer or base underneath to intensify the color.

Texture - Silky smooth and blends like a dream! There is some slight fall out, but nothing I cannot live with. What I love the most is that the mattes are quite creamy and do not look or feel chalky at all.

Wear time - Without a primer or eye shadow base underneath, the shadows started to fade after 3 hours and completely fades away by 5 hours.

Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 Swatches Review, Pakistani Beauty Nail Art Blog
Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 Swatches Review, Pakistani Beauty Nail Art Blog


What gorgeous rose golds! The second shadow (frosted pale pink) makes a mean highlighting shadow, the 3rd one (satin tea pink) is a pretty lid color for day time, while 5th (frosted rose gold) and 6th (frosted copper pink) for night time. The 4th shadow (matte pink) and 1st one (matte cream) are great for the crease or blending out the darker shadows.

Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 Swatches Review, Pakistani Beauty Nail Art Blog

Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 Swatches Review, Pakistani Beauty Nail Art Blog

Just a dab of the 12th one (black-ish burgundy with pink shimmer) on the outer corners adds the night time touch. 7th (matte taupe) is great for the crease. 8th (shimmering brown taupe), 9th (satin chocolate brown) and 10th (shimmering grey taupe) look gorgeous on the eye lids just by themselves! The 11th shadow (satin pewter-ish grey) is probably my least favorite, only because shades like this don't really complement my skin tone.

Overall, the palette is a great buy for those who are looking to experiment with some colors, without being heavy on the pocket. And it's even better if you own some eye shadow bases or a primer.

I purchased this palette from Just4Girls.pk for PKR 950.

Have you given Makeup Revolution Redemption Palettes a try? What do you think?


*Disclaimer* - Everything mentioned in this post was purchased with my own money and my review is honest.

8 comments :

  1. Loved those photos and swatches :D amazing review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing shades...nice swatches... MR eye palettes are really great...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are pretty great! Waiting for your review now

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shades, you have done some beautiful swatches :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! ^_^ I'm glad they turned out good.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...