Saturday, 20 September 2014

Makeup Guide For University/College Students


Hi everyone! My little sister is all grown up now and it's almost time for her to attend uni. That gave me the idea to share the makeup products that have worked really well for me ever since I started uni myself! So, if you're still shopping for your basic makeup kit, here's some help.

I think it's best to keep your makeup light and natural for uni/college. For this reason I have mentioned matte finishes the most.For your ease, I have only mentioned products that are easily available at stores like Naheed, EBCO, Scentsation, etc and online at Just4Girls.pk. Brands that are available at Just4Girls.pk include Milani, Jordana, MUA and Sleek MakeUp. All other brands you can find locally at stores as well.


Makeup guide for university college students, Pakistani Beauty nail art blog

First thing's first, coverage. BB creams and tinted moisturizers are great for uni because they have light to medium coverage. However, they tend to get oily after 3-4 hours, so it's a good idea to dust some pressed powder over your BB or TM. Here are some of the products I'd recommend:

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB (PKR 675) - I have the shade light, which is suitable for skin tones from porcelain to wheatish. It provides a sheer coverage with a matte finish, but stills looks healthy on my dry skin and feels incredibly light. If you have dark circles and acne, then you'd need some concealer on top for sure. 

The Body Shop All In One BB Cream - If you're willing to spend more money, then this is an awesome option! It gives a dewy finish with a light coverage and stays on longer than Maybelline Dream Fresh BB. The shade 02 is a perfect match for my light/medium skin tone.

Garnier Anti Dark Circles Roll-on - It just provides more coverage for your dark circles and it's pocket friendly as well.

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent (PKR 890) - This is a drugstore gem for sure. If you have oily/combo skin, then dust this powder after applying the bb cream, over the oily areas. The shade 'Transparent' is colorless and fit for all skin tones.

Some other items to try: Revlon Photoready BB Cream, Rimmel Matte BB Cream, Garnier BB Cream, POND'S BB Cream, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, Catrice Cream Concealer Palette.


Makeup guide for university college students, Pakistani Beauty nail art blog

Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush was the first ever blush I ever got and I love it to bits. Sadly, it has been discontinued. Rimmel London has recently launched similar blush in a liquidy mousse texture called Stay Blushed (PKR 625). I'm looking forward to try it out soon! I love cheek tints and The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain (PKR 1700)  is one of my favorites for uni! It lasts all day and freshens up my tired face. You can also check out cheek stains in the form of blush sticks from Jordana, Essence and MUA, they are all great quality at like 1/3 the price! If you're a powder person, Maybelline Fit Me Blushes (PKR 750) are smooth and have a satin/matte finish. They have so many pinks and peaches to choose from. Sleek Makeup Powder Blush (PKR 750) in 'Suede' is a great neutral blush.

Makeup guide for university college students, Pakistani Beauty nail art blog

I love lip stains, because they last all day long and look so natural it's like you're lips are naturally that pigmented! The 2 brands I would recommend are Rimmel London 1000 Kisses Lip Tint (PKR 1200) and MUA Lip Stain (PKR 500). Both of them have a matte finish. If you like it glossy, Milani Power Lip Lasting Gloss Stain (PKR 945) in the shade 'Macaroon' and Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain (PKR 1200) in the shade 'Honey'. Top off the stain with some lip balm or lip gloss after every 3-4 hours to freshen up your lips. My all time favorite lip gloss is Rimmel Vinyl Gloss (PKR 700) in the shade 'No Secrets'. It's a great pink for warm skin tones and very subtle shimmer. If you prefer tinted lip balms, Maybelline Baby Lips (PKR 350) are probably the best ones out there. I've been loving the Revlon Lip Butters (PKR 900) lately. My current go-to shade is 'Peach Parfait', a lovely peach brown. You will need to touch up after 3-4 hours though.

Makeup guide for university college students, Pakistani Beauty nail art blog

I would advise to NOT khol up your eyes like crazy. You'll just end up looking like a raccoon. It's not your kajal, it's just the heat! Just grab you're liquid liners or pens and line up your upper lash line. Take a pencil liner, like Maybelline Colossal Kajal (PKR 375), and ever so slightly line just 2/3rd of your lower lash line. Use brown liners if you have a fair complexion. You can always use some brightly colored liners on your lower lash line to make your eyes pop. Essence Kajal Eye Pencils (PKR 195) are perfect for this purpose.

Next, you need to some mascara. Even if you skip the liner, mascara is crucial. It just gives you the overall polished and fresh look. I mean, who doesn't love doe eyes?! My 2 favorite mascaras at the moment are MUA Extreme Volume Mascara (PKR 350) and Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express Mascara (PKR 975).

Have a great time at uni!
Love,

13 comments :

  1. Nice & helpful post dear...I used to skip mascara for uni days and preferred tightly lining my lash line with black/brown liner... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too until I discovered tight lining causes wrinkles :-O

      Delete
  2. woww such a helpful post .. thanks for sharing dear :)
    Makeupoholics

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post ... will u please give me min review of garnier anti dark circles roll-on ?

    Latest Post on my Blog : Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color

    Follow me :
    Facebook | Bloglovin | Twitter | GooglePlus | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a tinted eye cream with lemon essence to brighten up the undereyes. I haven't experienced any brightening but it works great like an under eye concealer!

      Delete
  4. All these products are really life savers.great picks and very helpful review. :) I wear foundation to work and oh how i wish i had a skin type which would not turn my BB cream into an oily mess. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much love! ^_^ aww bummer :-(

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you found what you were looking for! ^_^

      Delete
  6. This is really great post, helpful for those who are going to college, uni and even working in offices. Great picks I want to grab all.

    Sahar the Cozy Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. My skin tends to gets really oily in a few hours! Thanks to Maybelline's smooth & clear powder for saving me the mess for a more few hours. :(
    This is the first time I am visiting your blog and you have a lovely one! :) xx

    I am new to blogging. I will really appreciate any suggestions! :)
    http://divinesmudge.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...