Saturday, 12 July 2014

The Body Shop Aloe Starter Kit

The Body Shop Aloe Starter Kit, Pakistani Beauty Blog

Hey there beauties! How are you all? I’m feeling really lazy these days. The samosas and pakoras everyday are not working out for me. I’ve been trying to get into the habit of eating dinner at iftari for a couple of days. I NEED to eat more fruits as well, otherwise I’m gonna turn into a skeleton I swear! Bring on the peaches and cream! ^_^

Anyway..

I’ve been using the Aloe Starter Kit from The Body Shop on and off for almost a year now. Now that I’ve used it all seasons I think a review is in order. For reference, I have dry/normal skin, that’s very dry and red in winters and kinda normal in summer. I do not have very sensitive skin, just some red patches around my nose. So what am I doing with this kit from The Body Shop that’s meant for sensitive skin? Well, it’s one of the goodies my sister brought for me from UK and after using it I must say that it does wonders for dry/normal skin!


It comes in a cute and small, mint colored bag made with mesh/net. It's totally re-usable as a makeup bag. Each item is literally glued together and there's still some ugly glue left there that just won't come off. My apologies for the ugliness below.

The Body Shop Aloe Starter Kit, Pakistani Beauty Blog

The kit contains:
  • Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser (60 ml) - Skin kind lotion proven to cleanse without irritating.
  • Aloe Calming Toner (60 ml) - Comforting, conditioning toning liquid proven to purify without irritating.
  • Aloe Soothing Day Cream (15 ml) - Gentle, soothing, calming moisturization.
  • Aloe Soothing Night Cream (15 ml) - Rich skin-calming care to restore, nourish and moisturize.

So, it's basically an entire skincare regime packed together. You can get each product separately, of course, but I think this kit is great if you're trying out The Body Shop skin care for the first time. They also offer 2 other starter kits , I believe, in Vitamin E (meant for all skin types) and Seaweed (meant for combination/oily skin).

Onto the reviews of each product.

The Body Shop Aloe Starter Kit, The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner, The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser, Pakistani Beauty Blog
The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner and Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

The Body Shop Aloe Starter Kit, The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner, The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser, Pakistani Beauty Blog
The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner and Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser - This cleanser is amazing! Seriously! If you have dry/normal or even normal skin, then you seriously need to try it once in your life and you will not regret it. It literally melts into the skin and hardly leaves a layer of grease, unlike any other cleansing milk I've ever tried. It absorbs in like lotion. I take a pea-sized amount which is enough for the entire face. I love the soothing sensation it gives when I massage it on my face. I massage for 5-10 mins and rinse off. There's no sign of grease after washing off. The cleanser is thicker, like a moisturizer and feels warm when applied, so I rarely use it in summer but love love this cleanser in winter! When I use this cleanser in summer, I don't feel the need to moisturize after but I need to in winter.

Aloe Calming Toner - The toner doesn't irritate my skin at all. It feels warm when applied and clarifies the pores well. My skin feels really feels like the definition of smooth after using this toner. I really haven't ever heard of a moisturizing toner! It wipes out the cleanser (Aloe Calming Cleanser or any other cleanser) well and I always end up with a totally soiled cotton ball ^_^ and squeaky clean feeling on my face. My skin has been feeling itchy for a while, and my Clean and Clear toner has been a little irritating (yes, my HG toner is slowly losing the limelight), but thanks to this toner my face is feeling a lot better! This toner works great in all seasons. 

The Body Shop Aloe Starter Kit, The Body Shop Aloe Day Cream, The Body Shop Aloe Night Cream, Pakistani Beauty Blog
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream and  Aloe Soothing Night Cream


The Body Shop Aloe Starter Kit, The Body Shop Aloe Day Cream, The Body Shop Aloe Night Cream, Pakistani Beauty Blog
The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream and  Aloe Soothing Night Cream


Aloe Soothing Day Cream - This cream works wonders during the winter winds. My skin stays smooth and well moisturized in winter. It doesn't have any SPF, so I always layer a sunscreen lotion over it. Even though it's great for winter, it's too rich and greasy for summer. When I use this in summer, my skin starts feeling heavy after an hour or two. I would only advise those with very dry skin types to use this in summer.

Aloe Soothing Night Cream - I always wake up with soft and light skin when I use this at night over a well-cleansed face; might have to do with the 'restoration' claim. It's richer than the day cream, but I find it that it works great all year round for me. In winters, it's a beauty.

Everything in this kit gives a calming and soothing sensation to the skin, which I love! Especially in winter. It's not very refreshing though, and I prefer my skin care routines to be refreshing in summer. Whenever I need a dash of something soothing, I take these babies out of my drawer and slather them on. My skin feels really relaxed and calm. It's free from fragrance, which is great for sensitive skins. 

I cannot really give you 100% approval, not even 80%, for using this if you have sensitive skin. But I do recommend it if you have dry/normal skin and skin has been feeling a little itchy due to redness or sun-exposure.

You can pick the The Body Shop Aloe Starter Kit from all The Body Shop Outlets for around PKR 2000. Have you tried the The Body Shop Aloe range? What do think?

I'm off to have my yummy bowl of peaches and cream!

Love,

5 comments :

  1. You just sold this kit to me girl!! I have such terrible dry skin! Great review. :) xx

    Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! ^_^ I really hope it works out for you! :-) Do get the toner and cleanser if not the whole set!

      Delete
  2. Lovely kit! will get in Winters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That toner does wonders for redness in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing review, i wish i had normal skin, i would be able to experiment more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...