Monday, 30 December 2013

My Favorites of 2013

Hello my beautiful readers. I hope you're doing good and busy making plans for the new year. I wasn't planning on coming out with a 'Favorites of 2013' post but a fellow blogger, Bia from The Beauty Finds, asked me about it and I thought what the hey! I am a beauty blogger primarily. So there I was grabbing my favorites of the year, throwing them on my bed and snapping away. Keep reading as I share my favorite beauty and skin care products of 2013. ^_^

Makeup

I don't really use alot of makeup on my face. Just some lip color and eye liner and I'm good to go. These products definitely made an impression on me this year.
Garnier Ambre Solaire BB Cream with SPF 30
Garnier Ambre Solaire BB Cream with SPF 30
Garnier Ambre Solaire BB Cream with SPF 30It was the year of the bb creams! This was the only one I tried and I loved it. It has SPF 30 which makes it a great subsitute for sunscreen. A teensy amount provided a good coverage. It's a sunscreen, foundation and moisturizer all in one. It also gives my face a shimmery glow. A must-try product.
Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Gel Eye Shadow
Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Gel Eye Shadow
Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Gel Eye Shadow - I learned to like cream eye shadows over powder ones from my elder sister. But these eye shadows from Maybelline were so much better. They are gel eye shadows which claim to last 24 hours. I didn't try them on for so long but they did last for 3-4 hours with a primer. I attended some weddings and didn't feel like doing a detailed eye look everyday since I was so tired. These eye shadows totally did the trick for me. Only a layer of these babies on my lids with my finger (yes I apply eye shadows with my fingers) and I was ready to attend a wedding (with some eye liner and lip gloss ofcourse).

MUA Kissproof Lip Stain in Fruitilicious
MUA Kissproof Lip Stain in Fruitilicious
MUA Kissproof Lip Stain in Fruitilicious - I'm a huge of this! This is great for girls who just like color on their lips, no shine and no glitter. This is great for my mornings because I don't like a glossy shimmering pout in the intense heat of Karachi. An affordable product which is totally worth your money. 
MUA Extreme Volume Mascara
MUA Extreme Volume Mascara
MUA Extreme Volume Mascara - Good mascara for casual wear. I already have long lashes so I just need some thickening and this one does the job.

Makeup Academy Nail Varnish
Makeup Academy Nail Varnish
Makeup Academy Nail Varnish - Tiny afforadable bottles of happiness! At Just4girls.pk, they were available for PKR 200 and in UK they were only 1 pound! With an amazing polish quality at such an affordable price, MUA nail varnishes were my favorite nail polishes of this year.

Skin Care

I love buying skin care products more than makeup (excluding nail polishes). These were my favorite skin care products of the year. 
Dove Go Fresh Nourishing Beauty Shower Pomegranate and Lemon Verbana
Dove Go Fresh Nourishing Beauty Shower Pomegranate and Lemon Verbana - I really felt a change in my skin after using this body wash. My skin became a whole lot softer and trust me, my skin used to be really dry and rough. The formula is super creamy. The scent is yummy, which is a plus point as it makes me feel pampered.

Clean & Clear Essentials Oil-Control Toner
Clean & Clear Essentials Oil-Control Toner
Clean & Clear Essentials Oil-Control Toner - I was suffering from alot of white heads in the beginning of this year. They just kept popping out of nowhere, near my eyes, lips.. uhhhh. I was already using the face wash and moisturizer from Clean & Clear, so I thought of giving this toner a chance. And it worked! The white heads were gone ^_^

The Body Shop Body Butter Duo Floral Acai
The Body Shop Body Butter Duo Floral Acai
The Body Shop Body Butter Duo Floral Acai - Ahh yes.. the body butters. This one has two parts, one fluffy for normal skin areas, the other richer, for dry areas. I was using the dry areas part for my super dry legs and it really made them soft and silky.

The Body Shop Honey and Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask
The Body Shop Honey and Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask
The Body Shop Honey and Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask - When I first picked up the scrubby goodness and smeared on my face, I wanted to scream 'Oh My God! This is so creamy!' and I did! :D I never thought I'd be using another scrub after St. Ives Apricot Scrub, but I love this one equally.

The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser
The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser
The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser - This is from their 'Aloe' range for sensitive skin. It came along with a toner, day and night cream. I love how non-greasy it is and I can really feel my skin squeaky clean after I'm done with this. Plus, the packaging is cute :D

And that is it. Any questions about these products? Do ask below. I'd love to read your experiences and favorites. :)

Happy New Year!


2 comments :

  1. Awwwwww!!! You did the post! Yay! :-D
    Clean & Clear toner has been my mid-teenz friend..loved it.
    and where did you get the Ambre Solaire BB cream from? This seems to be thebest thing to try next summers.
    Although Dove shampoos and soaps never worked on me, but their body washes are my go-to products for soft skin.
    Stay blessed xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment <3
      Believe it or not, it was my first try at a toner now when I'm 20.
      My sister brought that bb cream for me from UK :D yup it definitely is great for summers. I only need a layer of this instead of moisturizer, sunscreen and foundation.
      I love how affordable the dove products are. Love dove <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...