Sunday, 22 December 2013

Max Factor Max Effect Mini Nail Polish in Intense Plum - Polished Review and Swatches

*I am sorry about this picture. The quality became really awful after uploading to blogger. I have no idea what's happening -.-

Hey my lovely readers!
This is going to my very first nail polish review and swatch. I am going to call it 'Polished Review' and give some 'Polish Points' out of a total of 5 to the nail polishes that I will review here. I hope you like it and have a polished great time reading it and share with your polished friends.. ok this is getting lame. Let's just begin.



The Product


Swatches

Swatches for Max Factor Max Effect Mini Nail Polish in Intense Plum

My Thoughts

Max Effect Mini Nail Polish is a part of Max Factor UK's Max Effect Nail Polish range (which I'll be reviewing as well soon).  It is a tiny polish with a slim brush and provides a good coverage and shine. The color I selected is Intense Plum. The color is seriously intense without a doubt. It is a gorgeous purple shade with pink undertones with no glitter or shimmer what so ever. If you are a glitter fan glittery shades are available in this range too. Let's get into some detail.

Packaging And Applicator

The company mentions on their website that the bottle is small and can be easily carried in your purse. That's a plus point for the working or school going girls out there who (like me) match the polishes with their outfits everyday and do not have time to apply in the morning. The only flaw in the packaging is that it doesn't mention the quantity of the polish in there. It is a flaw as long as that kind of stuff is important to you.

The handle is long which provides a good grip. The polish applied smoothly with no lines or anything; a sign that the applicator brush is amazing. The applicator is slim which is a slight drawback for women with wide nails. If you have wide nails you'll need to dip in the polish twice. Other than that, I didn't find anything negative about the applicator. 

Polish Points = 4.5/5

Consistency

The consistency of the polish is.. well.. how do I put it... PERFECT! Not too watery, not too thick. Just right.

I've had this polish for 4 months now and it hasn't shown any signs of thickening yet. I'm sure it's going to last for more than 1 year.

Polish Points = 5/5

Color and Texture

Smooth, glossy and creamy polish. There is no glitter or shimmer in this shade but there are glittery shades available in this range. I really like the shine. I washed my hands with water and the perfect gloss remained, even though I wasn't wearing a top coat.












I applied 2 thin coats and got an amazing result. I liked that about this polish the most, well after the glossy finish. You can apply 3 coats to get a deeper plum color.
Polish Points = 5/5

The Wear


Okay. This part is where the downside of the polish lies. It definitely needs a base coat and a top coat to last. Without them, it'll last for a day, or hardly 2 days before the chipping will start. I took the photos in the afternoon and in 12 hours, the color from the edge of my nails has started to fade. But this part won't matter to a girl who applies different polishes everyday and so doesn't need to worry about the long lasting wear.

Polish Points = 3/5

Price

This nail polish is priced at GBP 3.99. It's affordable. However, considering that it is a mini polish and it's wear is not good, I don't like the price tag.

Polish Points = 3.5/5


Total Polish Points 

Adding up the individual polish points and dividing by 5 (This is where my love for Math comes in) we get..

The Polish Scoreboard
I gave it 4 out of 5 on average. To sum up, try it if you don't care much about the wear (hey that rhymed!) and the price sounds good to you.

My sister brought this for me from Boots UK. If you (Pakistanis) are looking for a local subsititute, I'd like to recommend Sweet Touch in number 37. I'm not sure about the number though, since my bottle doesn't have the label anymore. But it's readily available just about everywhere. It's the same color but has a little bit of shimmer. It's pretty nonetheless.

Well, that's it. Hoped you like my Polished Review and swatches. ^_^ I feel like some glittery gold with this plum nail color. Agree?

Happy Winters!



7 comments :

  1. I nominated you for liebster award
    check this here http://rolessummerfling.blogspot.com/2013/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour looks so nice! I love the Max Factor Mini range, the bottles are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right ^_^ I like tiny nail polish bottles

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! It's one of my favorite colors :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...