Thursday, 19 December 2013

Homemade Whitening Scrub+Mask for Winters



Hey beauties,
Today in my journal I'm sharing a homemade skin remedy. It's a honey and lemon whitening scrub+mask. I've used alot in winters in the past. And since winters are here I thought of sharing it. 

But first, my sad story...

Ever since my university has started I'm suffering from intense sun exposure. In the beginning I wasn't using any kind of sun protection lotion so my skin got really tanned. I mean REALLY tanned. I had never been that shade of grey and red before. I started using a sunblock by Nivea. The redness was a whole lot better, but my skin had lost the glow. I'm a believer in homemade remedies so I tried out some things. This scrub+mask was the best. My skin got softer and my complexion back to normal. My classmates even noticed and asked me the secret, you know like in those fairness cream ads? :3

Well, anyway, the point is this remedy will work wonders for you if, like me, you have been exposed to a lot of sun and you want your skin to glow again.

Ingredients

1/2 teaspoon of honey
1 teaspoon of lemon juice

Makes enough for face and hands for using once.

Directions

1. Wash your face with soap or face wash and dry with a towel.
2. Add honey and lemon juice in a small bowl. 
3. Mix-y mix-y.
4. Apply the mask on your face and hands.
5. Wait for 15 minutes or until it sets and wash off with water.
6. Apply moisturizer.

Warnings

- I only use it in winters cause honey is very warm. It's not suitable for summers

- Also, do not use everyday. It's a scrub. Leave a gap of 1 or 2 days for normal skin and 1 week for sensitive skin. I have normal to dry skin and my skin broke out when I used it daily. So don't take any risks. 

- If you have very sensitive skin or you break out very easily, do not try it at all. I have a friend who broke out only by using this scrub mask once.

The recipe makes enough for a day's use. If some is left over, you can store it in the fridge and use it the next time. The best part about this scrub is that you don't need to worry if it gets in your mouth :)

Please comment your thoughts below. Tried it before? Do share your experience. Believer in home remedies too? Let's be friends <3

Happy scrubbing! ^_^



2 comments :

  1. Oh yes this sure is one effective remedy but yes may lead to break outs... Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...