Saturday, 28 December 2013

Books I Read in 2013

Hi beauties!

When I'm not lacquering, I'm probably reading a book. I dedicate this post to my book reading habit.

In the beginning of this year I discovered Good Reads app. It basically recommends you books judging by the books you have already read and rated. You can categorize or 'shelf' books and then rate and review them when you are done. You can also log onto the website to get the full experience; join groups, take quizes, start a reading challenge, share quotes, etc. A book reader should be using this website. It makes searching for books a whole lot easier! If you are on Good Reads, view me here and say hello ^_^.

When I started using the app and website, it ignited the book reading maniac in me. The app and website is a real happy place for me. I set a reading challenge of 15 books for this year and I achieved it around october. Here are the books I read according to genre. 



Paranormal

Insatiable by Meg Cabot
Insatiable #2: Over Bite by Meg Cabot
Mediator #1: SHadowland by Meg Cabot
Abandon by Meg Cabot
Abandon #2: Underworld by Meg Cabot
Abandon #3: Awaken by Meg Cabot


Young Adult Contemporary

Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Slammed #1 by Coollen Hoover
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik
Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti


Chick Lit

Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot

Historical Fiction

A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammad Hanif

And that is it! Go ahead and count to check if they are 15. I just did ^_^. I wanted to write short intros as well for each book, but I decided I'll pick some of my favorites from this list and write a proper intro. It's something they deserve separately. Don't you think? 

I'd love to know if you are on Good Reads too so we can interact there and do some book sharing. If you've read any of these books mentioned above please comment. And yes, I haven't read Fault In Our Stars. I'm the only person on the PLANET who hasn't! I'm planning to read it in the coming year.

Happy Winters!





4 comments :

  1. 15 is good number! I think I must join this app. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you really should. It makes finding new books so much easier :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...