Friday, 1 March 2013

Book I'm reading - Insatiable

Hello my readers :) Hope you're doing good.

I wanted to share with you this book that I'm currently reading. It's by Meg Cabot, the very famous writer of The Princess Diaries, entitled 'Insatiable'. 

Insatiable by Meg Cabot


It's about vampires (goody). But it's actually good. I'm not one of those who are going gaga over the ever so clich├ęd 'Twilight' series because I don't get why they have to drag everything. And what's with the angry werewolf taking his shirt off? Anyway, Insatiable (so far) focuses on the reality and monstrosity of vampires. 

If you've read other novels of Meg Cabot, you would know about the lead girl. Yes, Insatiable too has that typical, cutesie and messed up lead girl, in whose life nothing is going according to plan. Her name's Meena and she works as a writer for a tv show called Insatiable. And, she can predict how a person will die just by looking at them. She's psychic and she hates it. 

Then there is the handsome vampire. Lucien. He is actually prince of Romania and a professor of European history there. He is tall with dark hair, so he is automatically pictured in my head as someone like Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries (ah, Damon <3). He is like the leader of a certain vampire family and they all refer to him as 'The Prince'. He tries to keep the vampires under the radar, but somebody lately has been messing with that.

Lastly, the vampire slayer, Alaric. Yes it's odd that the author used the same name as that in The Vampire Diaries. He makes the story witty and funny by his sarcastic comments on vampires and who they really are as opposed to what people, mainly youngsters, think of them as. So his parts in the novel are amusing to me.

I'm on chapter 21 now and I cannot wait to read how The Prince and Meena will officially meet. I'm a fan of Meg Cabot and I'm liking the book so far. You should definitely read it if you're into romantic comedies and a lil' drama and action and messed up life of a girl.

I'd love to hear your favourites by Meg Cabot. Please comment.

Byesies and take care ^_^

1 comment :

  1. oooo.. i had it downloaded but didnt read!! will read now! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...